Almond Coconut Bars, No Bake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10621 times
These delicious snack bars, made with roasted almonds and dry grated coconut are so tasty that you will feel a deep sense of joy when you bite into them.
The best part is that they do not even require any baking, so you can make them quickly and easily at home and carry them to work or when you travel, to munch on when you are hungry. It will also be a good surprise to pack in your kids’ snack box.
The Almond Coconut Bars have a pleasing flavour and exciting texture that strike the right chord with everybody. The crunch of almonds and the flakiness of coconut match beautifully with the rustic texture of oats and the ever-popular taste of peanut butter.
A hint or honey gives the bars a richer taste! The bars stay well at room temperature for 2-3 days but if you cling wrap the bars individually and deep freeze them in a freezer bag, you can keep the bars for over a month!
Try other bar recipes like Date Oats and Mixed Berries Granola Bars and Raspberry Oatmeal Nut Bars .
- Roast the almonds in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Combine the almonds, coconut, oats, cinnamon powder and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence, honey and peanut butter and mix well.
- Line a 175 mm. (7”) aluminium tin with foil, put the mixture over it and even it out using your palm.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Demould it, cut it into 10 equal square shaped bars.
- Serve or store it in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bar
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.