Matki and Jowar Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11859 times
This fabulous Matki and Jowar Paratha is very effective in recharging your iron levels during pregnancy. Boiled and crushed matki is mixed with a dough of whole wheat flour and jowar flour to make these luscious parathas.
The addition of boiled matki makes these parathas quite soft and flavourful, so just a dash of common spice powders is enough to perk up the taste further. Going slow on the spices also helps to avoid acidity, which is common during pregnancy. This satiating paratha is a wonderful way of including iron-rich ingredients like jowar and matki in your diet. Relish it hot and fresh with dal .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.