Nachni Sesame Khakhra ( Iron and Calcium Rich Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40364 times
Our bones lose calcium as we age, and therefore a calcium-rich diet is extremely important to help regain the bone strength. Nachni or ragi is rich in calcium and including it as part of the daily diet helps build strong bones. These crisp nachni khakhras are enjoyable to eat and they also help ‘up’ your calcium levels!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough, using enough warm water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again using ¼ tsp of oil and divide it into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame using ¼ tsp of oil till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth till it turns crisp and brown on both the sides.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakhra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.