Whole Wheat Flour and Jaggery Ladoo
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 114000 times
Kid or adult, none can resist these aromatic, tasty, melt-in-the-mouth laddoos made of whole wheat flour and jaggery.
Roasting the flour well removes the raw smell and gives the Whole Wheat Flour and Jaggery Laddoo a rich aroma while jaggery and ghee give it an intense, traditional flavour.
Wholesome and nutritious, the Atta ke Laddoo is a saviour when hunger strikes. Just two laddoos are enough to satisfy your tummy. You can make a batch of these laddoos and store them at room temperature for a week.
You can also try recipes like Churma Ladoo or Coconut Laddoo .
- Dry roast the whole wheat flour in an aluminium kadai or in a deep non-stick pan on a slow flame for 7 minutes.
- Add the melted ghee, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the nuts and mix well.
- Transfer it on a plate and allow it cool slightly.
- Once cooled slightly, add the jaggery and cardamom powder and mix well using your hands.
- Divide dough into 18 equal portions and shape each portion in between your palms into a round ladoo.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ladoo
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.