Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6504 times
For those of you who love traditional Indian mithai but do not have time to make elaborate ones, this Poha Ladoo is a dream come true.
It is exceptionally easy to prepare but tastes simply awesome, with the rich and rustic flavours of jaggery and melted ghee. Dry roast the poha slowly and carefully till the raw smell goes. This will give you a good taste and aroma too.
If you find it difficult to shape the ladoos, you can add a little more melted ghee. You can have this ladoo as a dessert or snack . You can even pack it in a snack box to enjoy at school or at work.
Try other ladoo recipes like Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo or Peanut Ladoo .
- Dry roast the poha in a broad non-stick pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted poha in a plate and cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer till coarse.
- Add the jaggery and blend again.
- Transfer the poha-jaggery powder into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ladoo
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.