Peanut Ladoo Recipe, Indian Festival Dessert
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12861 times
This is an easy, no-fuss recipe to make an unbelievably tasty Peanut Ladoo – just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth when it craves for something with a rustic charm!
The rich, nutty flavour of coarsely crushed peanuts sweetened with sugar is accentuated by the aroma of ghee and the mild hints of cardamom.
It is a wonderful mithai to prepare on festival days because the whole family will love it. You can also quickly make a batch in the evening and surprise your kids when they come back from the playground!
Try other ladoo recipes like Quick Churma Ladoos or Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo .
- Roast the raw peanuts in a broad non-stick pan for7 minutes.
- Cool and de skin them.
- Blend the peanuts in a mixer till coarse. Keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the coarsely crushed peanut, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, , while stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining ½ tbsp of ghee and mxi well.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and cool it slightly.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Refrigerate for atleast 15 minutes.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ladoo
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.