Palak and Doodhi Muthia
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18580 times
Greens like spinach, bottle gourd and moong sprouts combined with rice and besan with indian masalas. Rice makes the muthias soft and besan helps in binding.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well to make a semi-soft dough adding water if required.
- Apply a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into approximately 150 mm. (6”) length and 25 mm (1”) in diameter cylindrical roll.
- Arrange the rolls on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 20 to 25 minutes or till a knife inserted into the muthia comes out clean. Remove and keep aside to cool slightly. Remove and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Cut into 25 mm. (1 “) slices and serve hot with dahiwali phudine ki chutney.
- Cool slightly, wrap the muthia in an aluminum foil and pack the chutney in an air-tight box separately.
- Squeeze out all the water from the bottle gourd before using in the recipe.
- If you feel the mixture is watery add more 1 to 2 tbsp of besan.
- Once the mixture is ready immediately steam the muthias.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.