This category has been viewed 16016 times
Healthy Recipes > Home Remedies >
Stomachache Indigestion Appetite Loss recipes
Last Updated : Jul 15,2019
STOMACHACHE / INDIGESTION
What is a Stomachache?
Stomachache is the abdominal discomfort caused due to pain in the stomach or abdomen.
Reasons for Stomachache
Stomachache can occur for a number of reasons. A few of the most common causes are :
• Overeating and indigestion
• Stomach infection (caused due to bacteria / amoeba etc.)
• Flatulence (gas)
The number of remedies for this ailment are as many as the number of reasons that can lead to stomachache. Here are some remedies that are tried and tested over generations. Select one that is appropriate for you.
1. Ginger (adrak): Mix 2 tsp of ginger juice with 1 tsp of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and black pepper and drink it with or without water.
2. Ajwain (carom seeds): 1 tsp of ajwain combined with 2 pinches of salt should be chewed and swallowed for relief from flatulence.
3. Mint leaves (phudina): The juice of mint leaves combined with honey is one of the age-old remedies for stomachache.
4. Ginger powder (soonth) and jaggery (gur): The Jaggery and Dried Ginger Balls, page 127, is soothing for your stomach and also helps to keep your spirits warm in cold weather. Mountaineers carry this magic portion to keep their strength up in the harsh mountain terrain.
Foods to be Avoided
• Spicy and oily foods
• Deep-fried foods
• Aerated drinks and alcohol
• Fast foods like pizza, burger etc.
• Refined foods like maida, sugar, pasta and polished rice
• Pickles, canned and preserved foods
Handy Hints to Cure Stomachache
1. Have plenty of fluids. Digestive Soda, page 128 is flavourful variation to help relieve stomachache.
2. Have small and frequent freshly cooked meals throughout the day as it aids in digestion.
3. Eat easily digestible foods. Consume foods that are liquid or semi-liquid in consistency.
4. Have plenty of fibre as it initiates regular bowel movements. Fibre rich foods include fruits, vegetables and whole grains like whole wheat, wheat bran, oats, buckwheat etc.
5. Restrict the consumption of fat to a minimum as fat takes a long time to digest.
6. Chew the food slowly and eat in a relaxed environment as sometimes tensions and stress tend to upset the tummy.
7. Avoid eating in an unhygienic environment.
Ajwain Water by Tarla Dalal
has a nice, appetizing aroma and tingling taste, which you will be able to ingest and digest even when you are feeling too full and not comfortable in the tummy. Even better, Ajwain Water
is the perfect Indian drink for
Homemade Strained Orange Juice by Tarla Dalal
If you can’t have the whole fruit, the next best option is to have homemade juice.
Plain orange juice, which has been strained to remove the fibre, is a boon for those on a clear liquid diet. Homemade Strained Orange Juice helps to maintain electrolyte balance after a surgery.
It is also goo ....
Homemade Strained Apple Juice Recipe, Clear Fluid Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Sometimes the simplest of recipes turns out to be most handy! This Homemade Strained Apple Juice is one such.
The sweet and clear juice extracted from red apples is useful for those on a clear fluid diet, such as those recovering from surgery who cannot have normal food due to vomiting, nausea o ....
Homemade Strained Barley Water Recipe, Clear Fluid Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Homemade Strained Barley Water is often recommended as part of a clear fluid diet for those recovering from surgery as they have an intolerance for food.
It is also useful for those suffering from vomiting and diarrhoea as it provides them with water soluble nutrients.
Sipping on barley wate ....
Jaggery and Dried Ginger Balls by Tarla Dalal
What fun it is when we feast, but oh, the agony of a stomach ache after that is just so unbearable! Not to worry, here is a tasty antidote for stomach ache due to indigestion or flatulence.
The combination of spicy ginger powder with sweet jaggery is a real treat to the taste buds, but more im ....
Digestive Soda by Tarla Dalal
Stomach ache? What are you waiting for? Grab that bottle of soda from the fridge, add some effective and tasty ingredients like crushed black pepper and jeera that help overcome indigestion, sit back and enjoy it while it is still fizzy and chilled!
All it takes is a little while more for this ....
Pudina Pani, Pudina Pani For Indigestion by Tarla Dalal
Had too much of your favourite snacks and feeling a bit weird in the tummy now? Not to worry. Turn to mint, the flavourful healer.
A glass of this Pudina Pani is as refreshing as a zesty cup of tea, but it also works wonders in curing indigestion as both mint and hot water aid in digestion. Th ....
11 Jun 19
Bela Pana by Tarla Dalal
The moment you hear the word panna or Pana, it is Aam ka Panna
that pops up in your mind. But, there are more variants to this summer cooler
In Odisha, for exam ....
24 Dec 01
17 Aug 11
Bala Saunf Rasam by vsucharitha
This rasam is good for body ache and digestion. . It also removes all the bad toxins from the body.
15 Mar 01
Ajwain Lehiyam by radhabaloo
Ajwain lehiyam is a herbal treatment or medicine for indigestion and acidity. The ajwain lehiyam or balls are removed from fire and put on the tongue after cooling.
30 Jul 02
Ginger-jeera Ras by rohz
Ginger-jeera ras is a refreshing spiced summer drink which works as an excellent appetizer and digestive. The ginger juice is blended with roasted cumin powder,sugar and lime to create an amazingly cooling drink, Ginger-jeera ras drink.
22 Oct 18
Ukalo by sonal5000
This water is very useful for gas relief and stomach pain due to gas.
01 Sep 16
Anardana Churan by Foodie#416805
Anardana Churan or Anardana Goli is a digestive that is had after meals. Anardana lends a distinctive flavor and when combined with other ingredients makes a refreshing churan.
02 Sep 16
Saunf Mukhwas by Foodie#413857
Saunf Mukhwas is something most Indians look forward to having it after meals. It is aromatic, mouth freshening and aids digestion.
It is best to consume this in a week or 2. We usually make this every alternate week.
08 Dec 06
05 Nov 08
03 Feb 07
Sauf rose mukhwas by neeruchinki
Rose gulukand and elachi is a mouth freshner .
08 Dec 03
Pomo-spice-mukhwas by shailan_karanth
Very good for digestion and acts as a coolant for the stomach:)
16 Sep 16
Digestive Mukhwas by rdorwani
This mukhwas aids in digestion and helps relieve gas problems. A mouth refresher that is fun and healthy to munch anytime.
12 May 11
Banarasi Paan by Radha Hoizal
This is a mouth fresher to remove the bad odour from the mouth and it all helps in digestion after heavy meals.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.