Mooli Muthia, Gujarati Radish Muthia Snack Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 86% LIKED IT
6 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71571 times
Mooli muthia, I love making muthias of different varieties, as they are steamed and easy to make. Not only that… they are an ideal way to incorporate flours and vegetables in your daily diet.
These muthias taste good with radish and radish leaves, while curds contribute to the flavour of this sweet, sour and spicy dish. Usually garlic combines well in muthias but those who do not like its strong flavour can reduce the quantity or even avoid it completely.
These muthias are a perfect treat with a cup of hot Masala Chai .
- Combine the radish, radish leaves, besan, jowar flour, curds, coriander, lemon juice, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, fruit salt, salt and 2 tsp of oil in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using approx. 2 tbsp of water.
- Apply a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into approximately 150 mm. (6”) length and 25 mm. (1”) in diameter cylindrical roll.
- Arrange both the rolls on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 20 to 25 minutes or till a knife inserted into the muthia comes out clean.
- Remove, cool slightly and cut into 25 mm. (1“) slices. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the muthia pieces and sauté gently on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Mooli Muthia Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.