Bajra, Rice and Sprouts Moong Puda
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 243 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 92492 times
Puda may be sweet or savoury, deep-fried or tava-cooked. Here is a mildly-spiced version of puda made of bajra, rice flour and sprouted moong cooked on a tava with minimal oil. The use of curds for binding gives it a pleasant aroma and flavour. This quick and easy bajra, rice and sprouts moong puda can be prepared as a snack or for breakfast.
- Combine the bajra flour, rice flour, curds, sprouted moong, green chillies, coriander, salt and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter and spread it evenly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Cook on both the sides, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more pudas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- If you find it difficult to make pudas, add 2 tsp of besan in the batter and mix well.
Bajra, Rice and Sprouts Moong Puda Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puda
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.