whole wheat jaggery pancakes recipe | eggless gud pancakes | healthy no sugar Indian gur pancakes |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52867 times
whole wheat jaggery pancakes recipe | eggless gud pancakes | healthy no sugar Indian gur pancakes | with 25 amazing images.
whole wheat jaggery pancakes are soft sweet healthy Indian pancakes made with no sugar. Learn to make eggless gud pancakes.
An enticingly sweet jaggery pancake made of a gehun ka atta batter sweetened with jaggery and spiced up with cardamom (elaichi) powder.
Jaggery, which has a more rustic flavour, colour and aroma than white sugar lends the whole wheat jaggery pancakes an intense aroma on cooking, which is sure to draw everybody to the table like bees to honey!
The trick of the eggless jaggery whole wheat flour Indian pancakes is to make jaggery water which adds to the aroma of the pancake instead of directly adding jaggery to the batter.
Pro tips for eggless gud pancakes. 1. You can cook the savoury sweet jaggery pancakes on a tava as well. 2. Mix batter well with a whisk so that no lumps remain. 3. whole wheat jaggery pancakes are soft to eat and easy for those who have problems chewing food. 4. If the batter is too thick, add a little more water. 5. Add ground cardamom (elaichi). This imparts a great flavour to the pancakes. 6. Adding baking soda makes the eggless gud pancakes soft.
Enjoy whole wheat jaggery pancakes recipe | eggless gud pancakes | healthy no sugar Indian gur pancakes | with step by step photos.
- To make whole wheat jaggery pancakes, we will first heat water in a pan, add jaggery, boil and stir to make jaggery water.
- Make a batter by putting whole wheat flour and jaggery water in a bowl. Whisk well to break all lumps.
- Gradually add enough water to make a batter of pancake consistency. We added 3 tablespoons water.
- Add cardamom powder, baking powder, salt and mix gently.
- Heat a non stick pan and grease it with coconut oil or ghee.
- Pour a ladle full of batter and spread in a circular direction to make an 125 mm (5 inches) circle.
- Cook on medium heat for 50 seconds or until jali (holes) appear.
- Grease with oil, flip and cook the other side the same way. Keeping flipping and cooking till golden brown. Repeat again to make 6 more whole wheat jaggery pancakes.
- Serve whole wheat eggless jaggery pancakes hot.
Whole Wheat Jaggery Pancakes recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini pancake
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.