by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 309 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73493 times
This honeycombed pancake traces its origins to India's Western costal district, the Konkan.
- Soak the rice for 4 to 5 hours. Drain.
- Add the poha, yoghurt, approx. 1 teacup of water, jaggery, turmeric and salt and blend in a mixer to form a thick and smooth batter.
- Cover and keep overnight. Add the coconut. If the batter is too thick, add a little water.
- Lightly grease a non-stick tawa with a little oil. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter on the tawa (griddle) without spreading it. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame till the lower side is light brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter using the remaining oil.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Goodness Guide :
- This rather unusual breakfast dish is low in fat.
- It provides complex cabohydrates, iron and B-Group vitamins.
Nutrient values Per Piece :
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.