Baked Vegetable Pancakes in White Sauce with Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 279 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30582 times
You would perhaps have never imagined that pancakes could transform into something so exotic. Traditional plain flour pancakes with eggs, are layered with a mixture of white sauce and veggies, garnished with tomato slices and cheese, and baked to perfection in an oven, till the sauce oozes into the pancakes, giving it a unique texture, and of course, the cheese melts over the exciting dish.
Enjoy the Baked Vegetable Pancakes in White Sauce with Eggs right out of the oven before the dish loses its fabulous gooey-crispy texture and gets chewy.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain using a whisk to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on a greased non-stick pan (griddle) and rotate in a circular motion to get a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle.
- 3. Cook it using a little melted butter till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 7 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Combine the mixed vegetables, white sauce, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Take a greased baking dish, put 2 pancakes on top of each other, place 3 tbsp of the stuffing and 2 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to make 3 more layers.
- Finally put the tomato slices and the remaining 2 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400º f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||814.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||23.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.