Rice and Besan Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 94212 times
You would never have imagined that leftover rice can be cooked up into such an exciting snack! Add some coriander and green chillies for pep, a few flours for binding, and there you have a quick-fix batter to make tasty Rice and Besan Pancakes. The batter made using 2 cups of leftover rice can make around 14 pancakes, made in two batches. Before preparing the second batch, you might have to add a tablespoon or two of water to bring the batter back to dropping consistency, as the rice tends to soak up the water and thicken the batter a bit. You can serve these pancakes with green chutney, or make it all the more exciting by topping with an assortment of colourful chutneys.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well to smooth make a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick mini uttapa pan and grease it with little oil.
- When hot, pour a spoonful of batter and spread it gently.
- Cook using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour form both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Rice and Besan Pancake Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.