Baked Beans with Buttered Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 142 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53444 times
Rice, when tossed with a dollop of butter, gets a luxurious aroma and flavour that is subtle but easily noticeable. A pungent topping of baked beans, onions, capsicum and ketchup complements the buttered rice very well, and when coated with grated cheese and baked, the Baked Beans with Buttered Rice is a truly irresistible preparation that tastes so exotic that you will celebrate a proud moment when people praise you for it!
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the rice and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic paste and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, baked beans, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Spread the rice in a 175 mm. (7”) diameter microwave safe baking dish and spread the rice evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the baked beans mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over it and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||391.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.