Beans On Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 200 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 194909 times
Just one glimpse of this sandwich is enough to make you hungry! That is the best part about open sandwiches, which exhibit their mouthwatering toppings and lure the diners.
Beans on Toast is a sumptuous open toast, which features canned baked beans, capsicum and cheese. Herby and spicy seasonings boost the flavour of this sandwich, while spring onions give it an exotic flavour and exciting crunch.
Kids will love the interplay of textures and flavours in this snack, especially the combined taste and mouth-feel of mealy baked beans, yummy cheese and tangy tomato ketchup.
When you kids come home from school serve Beans On Toast with a glass Choco Shake to keep them going till dinner time.
Besides Beans On Toast there are many more recipes using baked beans in our collection like Baked Jacket Potatoes with Baked Beans and Cheese , Baked Beans with Buttered Rice , Nachos with Salsa and Baked Beans , Baked Beans Soup with Cheese Balls and Baked Bean Hot Dog Roll to name a few.
Enjoy how to make Beans On Toast recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baked beans, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spring onion greens, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the baked beans mixture into 6 portions and keep aside.
- Place the toasted and buttered toasts on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Spread a portion of the baked beans mixture and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly on each bread toast.
- Serve the beans on toast immediately.
Beans on Toast Video byTarla Dalal
Beans On Toast recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per toast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.