Beans On Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 199 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 182210 times
Just one glimpse of this sandwich is enough to make you hungry! That is the best part about open sandwiches, which exhibit their mouthwatering toppings and lure the diners.
Beans on Toast is a sumptuous open toast, which features canned baked beans, capsicum and cheese. Herby and spicy seasonings boost the flavour of this sandwich, while spring onions give it an exotic flavour and exciting crunch.
Kids will love the interplay of textures and flavours in this snack, especially the combined taste and mouth-feel of mealy baked beans, yummy cheese and tangy tomato ketchup.
When you kids come home from school serve Beans On Toast with a glass Choco Shake to keep them going till dinner time.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the garlic and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baked beans, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spring onion greens, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the baked beans mixture into 6 portions and keep aside.
- Place the toasted and buttered toasts on a flat dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Spread a portion of the baked beans mixture and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese on each bread toast.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per toast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.