High Fibre Chilas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 444 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97193 times
Chila is a tasty and time-tested snack, perfect for breakfast. It gives a lot of room for innovation too, as you can add your favourite veggies, greens or other ingredients to make it as exciting as you want. Here, these scrumptious pancakes are made using buckwheat, which is extremely high in fibre, calcium and iron. Carrots and spring onions add crunch to these High Fibre Chilas, as well as their share of nutrition too. When served with low-calorie green chutney, this meal is sure to make a smile bloom on your face.
- Combine the buckwheat, curds and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Blend the mixture to a smooth paste using no water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle) and pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it evenly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thin circle and cook on a medium flame using ¼ tsp of oil till both the sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more chilas.
- Serve immediately with low calorie green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.