Farali Dosa, Faral Foods Recipe - How To Make Farali Dosa, Faral Foods
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Farali Dosa, Faral Foods Recipe - How To Make Farali Dosa, Faral Foods in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Farali Dosa, Faral Foods Recipe - How To Make Farali Dosa, Faral Foods in Gujarati)
Added to 152 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 174827 times
There are several forgotten gems from South Indian cuisine, which people are vehemently attempting to bring back to the fore now. This delicious Farali Dosa is an example. While people commonly make regular dosa or quick-fix ones out of wheat flour or semolina, they forget that very tasty dosas can be made out of millet flours too!
The combination of sama and rajgira flour gives rise to a sumptuous dosa that is sure to please your palate on a fasting day. Sour buttermilk is added to the batter to help in fermenting. The fermentation time is just two hours, so you do not even have to plan for this dosa the previous day itself.
This Farali Dosa has a wonderful, crispy texture if made thin and had immediately. If you make it too thick or have it later, it might be chewy. Enjoy this hot and fresh with Peanut Curd Chutney or Faraali Idli-Sambhar. You can also try other faraali recipes like the Maharashtrian favourites – Upvaas Thalipeeth and Faraali Misal, or the popular Gujarati Layered Handva .
- Clean, wash and soak the sanwa millet in enough water in a deep bowl for atleast 2 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture using 2 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the rajgira flour, buttermilk, ginger-green chilli paste and rock salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin dosa.
- Smear a little oil along the sides, cook till both the sides of the dosa turns golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with peanut curd chutney.
Farali Dosa Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.