Buckwheat Khichdi, Farali Kutto Khichdi Recipe, Vrat Recipe, Fasting Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75602 times
One look at this recipe and you know that faaral foods can be more sumptuous and often more flavourful than everyday meals! The garnish of sesame seeds and coriander is to this khichdi what a cherry is to icing! It really boosts the aroma and flavour of the Buckwheat Khichdi.
As you start making this dish, you might have some concerns about the stickiness of buckwheat, and the curdled look of the buttermilk when cooked. Worry not, everything will turn out perfectly when done! Team this irresistible khichdi with Peanut Kadhi to make a satiating meal.
- Clean, wash and soak the buckwheat in enough water for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine 1½ cups of water and curds in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the potatoes are half cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Lower the flame, add the ginger-green chilli paste, buckwheat, curds-water mixture and rock salt, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the peanuts and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Garnish with coriander and sesame seeds and serve immediately with peanut kadhi.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.