Khandvi ( Faraal Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 121 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 92561 times
Khandvi, one of the gems of gujarathi cuisine, has been transferred into faraali style, so that it can be enjoyed as a light snack on fasting days.
- Combine the arrowroot flour, rajgira flour, ginger-green chilli paste, rock salt, curds and 1½ cups of water together in a deep non-stick pan and mix well, taking care no lump remains.
- Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously, till the mixture becomes thick (approx. 8 to 10 minutes).
- Spread a spoonful of the batter on the reverse side of a greased thali and wait for a few seconds and try to roll up. If it doesn’t then cook for few more minutes and try once more to roll up
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
- Spread each portion on the reverse side of 2 greased thalis (approximately 10" in diameter) evenly to make a thin uniform layer using a spatula while the mixture is still hot.
- When cool, make cuts at a distance of 1½” to 2” lengthwise on each thali lengthwise and roll it up each gently. Place the khandvis on a serving plate.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the khandvis.
- Garnish with coconut and coriander and serve with green chutney and peanut curd chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.