Idli Chilli, Chilli Idli, Idli Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65624 times
Here is how you can transform one of the most common South Indian breakfast recipe – Idli, into an appetizing party starter .
If you have some leftover idlis, cut them into cubes, sauté in oil and inject some Oriental style excitement into it, with vinegar, soya and other sauces, and chunky veggies too. Not just youngsters but adults too, are sure to enjoy this Idli Chilli.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the idli and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1½ tbsp oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomato ketchup, sugar, vinegar, soya sauce, red chilli sauce and salt mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sautéed idlis and spring onions, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onions.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.