· It is the vital ingredient in Chinese food. Be it noodles, fried rice or Manchurian.
· Use soya sauce as a seasoning when healthy sautéing vegetables.
· Combine soy sauce, garlic and ginger and use as a marinade for baked tofu, tempeh or steamed noodles
· Serve brown rice with a Japanese flair by sprinkling some soy sauce, sesame seeds
· Some people use it as a dipping sauce for dumplings or vegetables. Some use it as a cooking ingredient
· Soy sauce is, of course, the essential ingredient to make authentic stir fries - use it to marinate prawns, chicken or strips of meat before cooking and add a generous amount to the stir-fry pan just before serving.
· It's also a must as a dipping sauce for sushi and adding to oriental-style dishes like noodles.
· As with all good seasoning, soy sauce will always work to bring out the flavour of your dishes, not smother them.
· Soy sauce is a condiment, used sparingly to flavor dishes.
· It can also be used in place of salt in soups and stews.
· When it comes to Chinese food soy sauce is the most essential
How to store soy sauce, soya sauce
Unopened soya sauce can be kept in a cool, dark place. Once the bottle is opened, it should be stored in the refrigerator.
Health benefits of soy sauce, soya sauce
Soy sauce is used in very small quantities and so not many health benefits are proven.