vegetarian oyster sauce
Last Updated : Nov 02,2017
Viewed 10671 times
This is a tasty alternative for vegetarians who want authentic. Vegetarian Oyster sauce is a viscous dark brown sauce commonly used in Chinese, Filipino and Thai cuisine. It is especially common in Cantonese cuisine. Vegetarian oyster sauce prepared from mushrooms, often oyster mushrooms, soy sauce, sugar, salt, glucose syrup, msg, modified starch, preservative. It is very popular and generally lower in price.
How to Select
Vegetarian brands that use mushrooms as a substitute are available in oriental speciality stores and hyper markets. It is normally sold in bottles, but is sometimes sold in cans. When selecting, choose a brand low in soy sauce and salt.
· This is a tasty alternative for vegetarians who want authentic Asian stir-fry but don't want oyster sauce.
· It enhances the flavor of any stir-fry and also used as a dipping sauce.
· This rich sauce with a savory flavor is used in vegetable dishes, and is an important ingredient in Cantonese cooking.
· It is also used as a dipping sauce
· Savory vegetarian oyster sauce enhances the earthy flavor of dried black mushrooms.
· Oyster sauce is used to enhance the flavour of many savory foods. It is also often used as a topping for steamed vegetables, and in stir-fries.
How to Store
Be sure to refrigerate bottled oyster sauce after opening. For canned oyster sauce, transfer to a closed jar and refrigerate. It will keep indefinitely.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.