Stuffed Rava Idli Vegetable Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28104 times
An off-beat dish, which gives you the satisfaction of eating a homely idli as well as a scrumptious sandwich. Yes, the Stuffed Rava Idli Vegetable Sandwich is an innovative recipe in which the rava idli batter is layered with grated veggies and green chutney and then steamed.
Each mouthful of this snack is a delight, as the wholesome, melt-in-the-mouth idlis give way to a crunchy veggie filling, with the peppy flavour of green chutney too. This dish is tasty enough to have as it is, because the rava idli batter is tempered and flavoured well, but for added taste, you can serve it with coconut chutney and sambhar .
The Stuffed Rava Idli Vegetable Sandwich is a sumptuous and tasty treat, which is also easy to prepare because you don’t need to grind or ferment the batter – just mix and make!
- Combine the semolina, curd, green chilli paste, salt and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and curry leaves sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add this tempering to the batter and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 1 tbsp of water over the batter. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the rava idli batter into each greased idli moulds, put little vegetable stuffing in the centre and cover it with approx. ½ tbsp of rava idli batter.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool slightly and demould.
- Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per idli
|Vitamin A||117.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.