Bread Upma ( Breakfast Or Snack Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 173 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45746 times
Bread Upma is one of the peppiest ways to have bread! Although it is a great way to use up leftover bread, many people like it so much that they would go and buy a fresh pack of bread just to make this upma. Indeed, with desi shades of chillies, onions, tomatoes and spice powders, tempered traditionally, and perked up with tomato ketchup and lemon juice, this snack is replete with varied flavours that are sure to delight your palate. You will also thoroughly enjoy the unique texture of this upma, which can be had as a breakfast or evening snack.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chilies and onion and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while mashing lightly with the help of a ladle.
- Add the tomato ketchup, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the bread, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||616.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||32.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||25.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.