Veg Cheese Omelette, Breakfast Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3891 times
Here’s a sumptuous omelette to start your day on the right note! The Veg Cheese Omelette is made by pan-cooking (like pancakes) a mixture of eggs and chopped veggies, seasoned excitingly with dried herbs and green chillies.
A topping of cheese adds a gooey dimension to the omelette, making it more filling and cheesily exciting. Although it is made with only common ingredients and everyday veggies like tomatoes and capsicum, the flavours and textures mingle really well to create a zesty bite that you are sure to relish thoroughly.
Serve the Veg Cheese Omelette fresh, with toasted bread. You can also try other egg-based recipes like the Egg Bhurji and Egg Sandwich .
- Combine the eggs, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and whisk well using a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the butter, cheese and mixed herbs and mix very well.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, pour the egg mixture, cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Turnover and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Put the cheese on one side of the omelette and sprinkle the dried mixed herbs evenly over it.
- Fold the omelette into a semi-circle and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread slices and tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.