French Omelette, Breakfast Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5077 times
The French Omelette is a pancake-like dish of pan-cooked eggs, seasoned mildly with salt and pepper. Patience is the secret ingredient that makes a perfect French Omelette.
It must not be cooked on a high flame. Steadily maintain a medium-level flame and cook cautiously. This omelette is supposed to be white in colour with no brown spots on it.
Yet, it should be completely cooked – a feat that can only be achieved on a medium-low flame. Fold the omelette carefully once done and serve with toasted bread.
You can also try other egg-based breakfasts like the Oatmeal Cinnamon Pancakes with Eggs or Vegetable Scrambled Eggs Topped with Feta .
- Break the eggs in a deep bowl, add 2 tsp of butter and salt and pepper and whisk very well. Keep aside.
- Put the remaining 1 tsp of butter in a 175 mm. (7”) broad non-stick pan and spread it.
- Immediately pour the mixture over it and keep stirring using a spatula like you would do for a scrambled egg, while scrapping the sides as well for approximately 1 minute on a very medium flame.
- Spread it lightly using a spatula and cook on a very medium flame for 2 minutes, while making sure it is cooked but at the same time it has not brown spots on them at all.
- Fold over from one end to another end gently to avoid the omelette from cracking.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread slices.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.