Spicy Sprouts Sandwich ( Healthy Breakfast)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 541 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 125774 times
Here is a masaledar sandwich tuned to the desi palate! Rather than load your sandwich with cheese or butter, try filling it with a subzi made of sprouts to boost the protein and fibre content. This Spicy Sprouts Sandwich is perfect for a cold morning, as it is hot and spicy with hints of various masala powders, onions, green chillies and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, coriander-cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder, black salt, tomatoes, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sprouts and potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Divide the sprouts mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place one whole wheat bread slice on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the sprouts mixture evenly over it.
- Top it with 2 onion slices and sandwich using another slice of whole wheat bread.
- Pre-heat the griller and grill the sandwich using ½ tsp of low-fat butter till the sandwich turns crisp and brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.