Vegetable Grill Sandwich ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 168 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 389958 times
vegetable grilled sandwich recipe | Mumbai veg grilled sandwich | with 20 amazing images.
Mumbai's veg grilled sandwich is by far one of the most tasty and addictive vegetable grilled sandwich I have tasted. Yes, Mumbai’s roadside vendors take pride in offering the most tongue-tickling treats of all, and this vegetable grilled sandwich is no different.
For some strange reason, the vegetable grilled sandwich is always served on a paper plate with loads of tomato ketchup only.
vegetable grilled sandwich made with a large assortment of vegetables, oodles of butter, a lavish splash of chutneys and a peppy sandwich masala, this snack is a real indulgence.
Notes on vegetable grilled sandwich recipe. 1. We have used big triangular breads for this recipe that is what is used by the Mumbai street vendors. 2. Make sure the butter is soft so it is easy to spread on the bread. 3. Potatoes should be boiled in a pressure cooker, cooled completely, peeled and then cut into slices, if you cut the potato slices when the potatoes are hot the slices will break. 4. Cut the Vegetable Grilled Sandwich into 6 pieces using a sharp knife. Make sure you cut this lightly or else the filling will come out.
Also do check out for more recipes of Mumbai Street Foods like Veg Frankie, Chinese Bhel, Pani Puri and many more.
Enjoy how to make vegetable grilled sandwich recipe | Mumbai veg grilled sandwich | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make vegetable grill sandwich, apply 1½ tsp of butter and 2 tsp of green chutney on 3 bread slices and keep aside.
- Place a slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing upwards, on a clean and dry surface and arrange 8 potato slices over it and sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Arrange 3 capsicum rings evenly over it and place another bread slice over it, with the buttered-chutney side facing upwards.
- Arrange 10 cucumber slices over it and again sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Arrange 6 tomato slices and 3 onion slices over it and again sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Cover it with another slice of bread with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards. Spread a little butter on the bread slice and press it lightly.
- Place the prepared sandwich in a greased and pre-heated sandwich griller by turning the sandwich upside down so that the buttered side faces downwards.
- Again spread a little butter on the bread slice and grill it for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sandwich turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Cut the vegetable grill sandwich into 6 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 1 to 9 to make 3 more vegetable grilled sandwiches.
- Serve the vegetable grill sandwich immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Vegetable Grill Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Vegetable Grill Sandwich ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes ) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.