by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3335 times
This classic, evergreen recipe is a true winner in terms of flavour and mouth-feel.
The mild crunch and pleasant sweetness of onions, and the subtle taste of potatoes make the Spanish Omelette a timeless hit. Whip up this delightful snack any time of the day to put yourself in a good mood.
You can also try other egg based treats like Waffles and Royal Icing .
- Crack and break the eggs in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same oil add the potatoes and sprinkle little salt evenly over it, and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Add the fried onion, fried potato, salt and pepper powder in the egg mixture and mix gently using a spatula.
- In the same remaining oil in the pan add the egg - potato mixture, spread it gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Turnover and cook again on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||766 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||90.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.