Waffles, Waffles Using Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 222 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21457 times
A Waffle is nothing short of magical. Just lace a warm waffle with chocolate sauce or honey and your yummy snack is ready to munch on. Top it with luscious ice - cream , roasted nuts , candied fruits or whatever you have on hand, and you have an exotic dessert worthy of a special occasion.
Once you get the basic waffle recipe right, you will never tire of innovating with it. Here is how to make fabulous Waffles using Eggs. Eggs are added to the plain flour and milk batter, as they improve the texture and flavour of the waffles. Enjoy the waffles warm and fresh.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and salt in a deep bowl, and mix well. Keep aside.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks in two different bowls. Keep aside.
- Combine the flour mixture, egg yolks, sugar, butter and milk in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula, till a thick paste has formed.
- Beat the egg-whites using an electric beater till stiff peaks appear and no liquid is remained.
- Add this to the flour- egg yolk mixture and fold it gently.
- Pre-heat the waffle iron, grease it with little butter, pour a ladleful of the mixture into each waffle cavity, spread it evenly and cook till it is brown from both the sides.
- Repeat step 6 to make 4 more waffles.
- Serve immediately with chocolate sauce or honey.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per waffle
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.