French Toast, Eggless French Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 164 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75853 times
French Toast – a name that makes people drool the world over – is generally out of the reach of vegetarians as its other name is “Eggy Bread”! It is basically bread that is soaked in beaten eggs, then deep-fried and drizzled with honey. This vegetarian version is just as tasty! Here, we have dipped the bread slices in a mixture of fresh cream and milk sweetened with sugar and thickened with corn flour, instead of the traditional egg-based batter. Another positive twist in this recipe is that it is cooked on a tava rather than deep-fried. Had fresh and hot, topped with honey and cinnamon powder, it is nothing short of a taste of heaven!
- Combine the fresh cream, sugar, milk and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and whisk well till it forms a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ½ tsp of butter.
- Dip 2 slices of bread at a time in the prepared batter and place it on a tava and cook on medium flame, using ½ tsp of butter, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 to make 6 more french toasts in 3 more batches.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with cinnamon powder and drizzled with honey.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per toast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.