Collection of 30 Best Indian Carrot Recipes, Gajar Recipes
Carrots are delicious eaten raw or cooked. They are found in our every household refrigerator. The carrot has a sweet flavor and is one of the most popular versatile root vegetables. While buying carrots, ensure the roots are firm, smooth, relatively straight and bright in colour. Carrot are packed with nutrition. From beta-carotene for vision to fiber for healthy gut and vitamin K for bones and vitamin C for immunity. Read 11 Benefits of Carrots.
Cooking carrots will bring out their natural sweetness further. Take care not to overcook carrots, however, to ensure that they retain their maximum flavor and nutritional content. Enjoy our collection of Indian Carrot Recipes used in sweets, pickles, chutneys, salads, parathas, drinks and sabzis.
Top 30 Indian Carrot, Gajar Recipes
1. Carrots go great for sweet Indian Desserts. Gajar ka Halwa. Made with grated carrots, khoya, milk, dry fruits and ghee, this halwa has a divine taste and aroma that take you to another world. This famous sweet is prepared in households all over India for offering to God on puja days as well as to celebrate festivals and weddings.
Gajar ka Halwa
2. Try this tasty Carrot Garlic Chutney recipe. With its sweet flavour and crunchy texture, carrots combine beautifully with garlic resulting in a delightful chutney that has a very garlicky taste.
Carrot Garlic Chutney
3. Carrots make fab pickles. Carrot Pickle recipe. It is one of the easiest and most economical pickles to make. Use carrots, which are fresh, firm and without blemish.
Carrot Pickle, Instant Gajar ka Achar
4. Carrots are a good choice for hot soups too. Look a little further to discover that this lovely Indian Carrot Onion Soup with herbs also features apples, which brings about a beautiful balance in both flavour and texture. With 68 calories and 3.2 g of fiber, this is a real weight watchers delight.
Carrot Onion Soup
5. Have lots of bright orange coloured carrots in winter? Try this quick Carrot Dosa for breakfast. Combine all the ingredients and make dosas. You will enjoy the crisp yet soft feel of these dosas.
6. The sweet taste of carrots with crunchy onions pair very well in Carrot Paratha. Make them for lunch or dinner, they are very satiating. You can add any other green leafy vegetable to make it more interesting and wholesome.
7. The Healthy Carrot Cake for kids is a nourishing substitute than the readymade store bought refined cake. No maida, and no sugar. Instead we have added wheat flour and jaggery.
Carrot Cake , Healthy Snack for Kids
8. Babies at a very young age love carrot as well. A simple Carrot Soup for babies a great hit with little ones. They enjoy licking on this soup. Remember to strain it in the beginning stages of weaning.
Carrot Soup for Babies
9. Dainty finger food – Carrot Pinwheels are a sure hit in kids’ birthday parties. Grated carrots combined with cheese spread and very little tomato ketchup when spread on bread slices and rolled needs no accompaniment.
Carrot Pinwheels ( Finger Foods For Kids )
10. And if you are looking for a starter for adults, then turn to Cheese Carrot and Celery Cigars. The ingredients filling the cigars are very well planned, so that they work together to excite the taste buds! It has some boiled noodles and soy sauce combination too, which you are sure to enjoy.
Cheesy Carrot and Celery Cigars
11. This vegetable makes and interesting clear soup like Clear Broccoli and Carrot Soup. This super healthy soup has not only interesting colours which contrast each other but also the wealth of nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C and host of other antioxidants.
Clear Broccoli and Carrot Soup
12. The Cheesy Corn and Carrot Sandwich is an ideal travel sandwich, not only because everyone loves it, but also because it stays good for five hours if properly cooled, wrapped in aluminium foil and stored in an airtight container.
Cheesy Corn and Carrot Sandwich, Travel Sandwich
13. Bajra Carrot and Onion Uttapa is a South Indian delicacy which can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch of dinner. Serve them with healthy green chutney or coconut chutney. The bajra needs to be soaked for 8 hours, so plan it in advance.
Bajra, Carrot and Onion Uttapa
14. The Carrot Cucumber and Rajma Salad in Mint Dressing is a treat to your taste buds and eyes, in more ways than one. Not only is the vegetable salad with mint and lemon dressing beautiful to behold, it also provides excellent nourishment for your eyes and eye muscles.
Carrot Cucumber and Rajma Salad in Mint Dressing
15. Pure homemade unsweetened Carrot Juice is pleasing and soothing as an early morning treat. For those who do not enjoy eating raw and cooker carrots, can turn to this juice.
Homemade Carrot Juice, Vitamin A Rich, Hopper
16. A tiffin treat which spells excitement is Macaroni in Cheesy Carrot Sauce. Kids are sure to devour this yummy treat. You can cool it completely and pack it in dabba.
Macaroni in Cheesy Carrot Sauce
17. Carrot Juliennes are a must in many Chinese delicacies including American Chop Suey. This popular Indo-Chinese dish has with fried noodles with a tangy sauce which has an assortment of veggies.
18. Of all the rice delicacies prepared in the Punjab, Carrot Rice is perhaps one that is most commonly served. It looks good, tastes good and does not require much time or effort to prepare. The subtle blend of Punjabi spices such as saunf, elaichi and dalchini are a treat for your taste buds.
19. Another South Indian delicacy which makes use of gajar is Carrot and Cashewnut Payasam. This sweet treat features on their festive menu. Carrots are cooked in milk, thickened with cashew paste and flavoured with cardamom powder to make a true Indian sweet treat.
Carrot and Cashew Payassam
20. Carrot Cheese and bread combine together in a snack which lend a tempting aroma when baked. The Carrot and Cheese Fingers makes a starter which is ready in a jiffy and leaves an unforgettable taste for a long time.
Carrot and Cheese Toast, Carrot and Cheese Fingers
21. Want to make a complete healthy snack which suits all palates and is packed with nourishment? Use the Indian carrots to make Gajar aur Moong Dal ki Chaat. It is a delicious fare with hues of carrot, yellow moong dal and mint leaves which complement each other. It is a protein boosting snack with 5.1 g of protein per serving.
Gajar Aur Moong Dal ki Chaat
22. The famous Chinese Man Chow Soup is also not complete with the addition of finely chopped carrots. This is the most preferred soup not only at restaurants but also on roadside in India. The strong accents of ginger and garlic make this soup an ideal soup to serve on a damp monsoon day.
Manchow Soup, Chinese Veg Manchow Soup
23. Yummy pretty looking Whole Wheat and Carrot Muffins is another carrot based delicacy which is sure to lure you with its superb aroma and beautifully complemented soft texture. With little quantity of butter and brown sugar, this is a slightly healthier option to maida based muffins.
Whole Wheat Carrot and Raisin Muffins
24. Healthy Carrot Beetroot Raita is a quick fix recipe because you just need to grate carrot and beetroot and whisk curd and mix them with jeera powder and salt. No cooking involved at all. Serve them as an accompaniment to any meal. You are indeed going to feel refreshed.
Carrot Beetroot Raita for Weight Loss
25. Chopped carrots with greens can be weaved into a simple Carrot Methi Sabzi. With the use of sweet carrots, pleasantly bitter yet aromatic fenugreek leaves and basic masalas from your maala dabba you are set for your dinner with whole wheat chapatis.
Carrot Methi Subzi ( Vitamin A and Vitamin C Rich Recipe )
26. Bhakris have a very homely feel. They can be enjoyed hot by kids as well as adults and even senior citizen. Here we present Cabbage and Carrot Bhakri which are made in a traditional way by patting on a rolling board instead of rolling with pin. Serve it with a sabzi of your choice.
Cabbage and Carrot Rice Bhakri
27. Cabbage and Carrot pair well together in yet another Indian recipe – Cabbage and Carrot Kachumber. Mildly tempered with a wide range of flavours ranging from tangy to spicy, with ingredients such as lemon juice, green chillies and coriander-cumin seeds powder, it is simple treat to indulge into.
Cabbage and Carrot Kachumber, Kobi and Gajar Kachumber
28. Burgers which have a vegetable stuffing also makes use of carrots. The Chunky Cheese and Vegetable Burger is a recipe worth trying. This is an open style burger which has a chunky vegetable spread flavoured with veggies and 2 varieties of cheese – processed cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Chunky Cheese and Vegetable Open Burge
29. The Cabbage Carrot and Paneer Grilled Sandwich has succulent paneer with crunchy veggies and cheesy to the core. It tops the chart for kids who come home hungry. It is a satiating meal in itself.
Cabbage, Carrot and Paneer Grilled Sandwich
30. Quick Carrot Dhokla is what you can whip as a quick-fix recipe using readymade leftover idli batter. No sweat, just fun! It’s a sumptuous treat best for breakfast or snack. You can pack it in a tiffin too. It stays fresh for 5 hours.
Quick Carrot Dhokla ( Tiffin Treats)