Carrot Cake , Healthy Snack for Kids
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 550 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 112838 times
healthy carrot cake recipe for toddlers recipe | healthy carrot cake for kids | carrot cake for babies | how to make whole wheat carrot cake recipe for toddlers | with 20 amazing images.
Healthy carrot cake recipe for toddlers is really a great "tiffin box" item that your baby will enjoy during play time.
This healthy carrot cake for kids is a nourishing substitute than the readymade store bought refined cake. Learn how to make whole wheat carrot cake recipe for toddlers.
To make healthy carrot cake recipe for toddlers first sieve wheat flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and baking powder. Follow it by cooking butter, jaggery and milk to a smooth mixture. Add this butter mixture along with grated carrots to the flour mixture and mix it well. Pour this mixture into a greased and dusted round tin and bake it for about 30 minutes. Cool the cake completely upon baking and then its ready for serving to your little ones.
Kids are very easily attracted to the colourful cakes at the cake and bakery shops. But as a parent you know that they are full of refined maida and sugar. These kind of foods if consumed liberally can lead to weight gain in kids at a very early age. This healthy carrot cake for kids can be enjoyed by kids above 1 year as an occasional treat.
This carrot cake for babies has wheat flour as a substitute to maida and jaggery instead of sugar. Wheat flour has some fiber intact in it which maida lacks, while jaggery is rich in iron which will help to make up for baby’s haemoglobin count.
Carrots have been added in healthy carrot cake for kids as they add variety and also provide substantial amounts of vitamin A and fibre. Cinnamon, nutmeg, milk and jaggery impart delicious flavours to this cake.
The best part about this healthy carrot cake recipe for toddlers is that adults too can relish a piece along with the kids. So each one in the family can go healthy.
Enjoy healthy carrot cake recipe for toddlers recipe | healthy carrot cake for kids | carrot cake for babies | how to make whole wheat carrot cake recipe for toddlers | with 20 amazing images.
- To make healthy carrot cake for kids, sieve the whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Combine the butter, jaggery and milk in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool it slightly.
- Combine the butter mixture, flour mixture and grated carrots in a deep bowl and mix well with the help of a spatula.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin with melted butter and dust it with whole wheat flour and pour the prepared mixture into it and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for ½ hour. Cool the carrot cake completely on a wire rack.
- Demould the carrot cake and cut into pieces and serve or store in an air-tight container.
Carrot Cake (Healthy Snacks for Kids) Video of Tarla Dalal
Carrot Cake , Healthy Snack for Kids recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.