Yummy Oats and Apple Porridge ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 190 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 102647 times
This wholesome porridge made of oats, apples and milk can be served as a dessert or breakfast after your baby is 6 months. Milk is a good source of calcium, which is extremely important for the development of your baby's bones and teeth. Oats are high in energy, protein and fibre.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the oats and sauté on a slow flame for 2 minutes or till the oats turn light brown in colour.
- Add the milk and jaggery, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the apple, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 more minute.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool slightly.
- When cool, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.