Jowar Sesame Bread Sticks ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42273 times
This version of bread sticks is more wholesome than the regular bread sticks made from refined flour (maida). It's also an interesting way to introduce different kinds of cereals in your baby's diet.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Add the butter and knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and roll out each portion into a 100 mm. X 125 mm. (4" x 5") sheet of 6 mm. (¼") thickness.
- Cut each sheet into 6 mm. (¼") wide strips and separate them. Roll them individually so that they are circular and have no rough edges which can hurt baby's gums.
- Place them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 140ºc (285°f) for 40 minutes or till the bread sticks are crisp and golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.