Cabbage and Carrot Rice Bhakri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17688 times
Made with a dough of cooked rice flour, the bhakris have a nice rustic texture and homely flavour. Veggies like cabbage and carrot add to the taste and texture of the bhakris while ingredients like crushed cumin seeds, green chillies and onions give it an appetizing pungency.
Cabbage and Carrot Rice Bhakri must be enjoyed hot and fresh, right off the tava to relish its wonderful texture. It might get a bit chewy or hard once it cools.
You can also try other bhakris like the Stuffed Urad Dal Bhakri or Chawal Bhakri .
- Combine the rice flour, onions, coriander, green chillies, cumin seeds and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 1 cup of water and little salt in a deep non-stick pan and allow the water to come to a boil.
- Add the cabbage and carrot, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage and carrot mixture to the rice flour mixture, mix well and let it cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 11 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough with help of your hand into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thick circle using a little rice flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the bhakri on a medium flame till both the sides turn light brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 to make 10 more bhakris.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhakri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.