Jowar Bhakri, Healthy Jowar Bhakri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42394 times
jowar bhakri recipe | healthy jowar bhakri | jwarichi bhakri | how to make jowar bhakri | with 13 amazing images.
Jowar Bhakri is a simple tradiaitonal Maharashtrian recipe which forms an integral part of their main course. Making jwarichi bhakri requires only 3 to 4 ingredients. Learn how to make jowar bhakri in a step-by-step photos.
Flours of millets like jowar add a rustic touch to bhakris. The homely aroma that emanates from the kitchen when you cook a Jowar Bhakri itself will give you a very content and comforting feel. To make jowar bhakri, we have combined jowar flour with a little whole wheat flour to make the rotis easier to roll and to improve their texture.
Remember when you make jowar bhakri, the dough should be soft and the bhakri should be cooked uniformly. This is to ensure that it puffs up evenly when cooked on the open flame. Smear ½ teaspoon of ghee on it before serving to make it more flavourful .
Healthy jowar bhakri is truly wholesome. It’s brimming with iron, fibre , protein and a few trace minerals. Those aiming to increase their hemoglobin levels must also include jowar bhakri to their meals.
Plain jwarichi bhakri tastes the best when served immediately on cooking. Methi Pitla or Cauliflower Greens Pitla, an ideal match for Jowar Bhakri. You can also serve Green Chilli Thecha or Red Chilli Thecha and some onions as an accopmpaniment.
Enjoy jowar bhakri recipe | healthy jowar bhakri | jwarichi bhakri | how to make jowar bhakri | with step by step photos.
- To make jowar bhakri, combine the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the bhakri on it and turn it over after a 1 minute.
- Cook on the other side for another 1 minute or till light brown spots appear on the surface.
- Then turn it over onto an open flame and cook on both sides for a few seconds till it puffs up. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more jowar bhakris.
- Serve the jowar bhakri immediately.
Jowar Bhakri, Healthy Jowar Bhakri recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhakri
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.