by Tarla Dalal
Added to 184 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53563 times
Methi Pitla is a variant of the evergreen Maharashtrian dish. The addition of fenugreek leaves gives an exciting twist to the otherwise comforting flavour of traditional pitla, making it a suitable accompaniment for a variety of dishes, especially those like jowar roti, which rely on the accompaniment for spice. The best part is that this tongue-tickling preparation is made using a base of besan and other common ingredients, and can be prepared quite fast too.
- Combine the besan and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the methi, green chillies and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the besan-water mixture, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately with jowar roti, garlic chutney and onions.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.