Khoba Roti, Rajasthani Khoba Roti
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Khoba Roti, Rajasthani Khoba Roti in Hindi)
Added to 380 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62233 times
This Indian bread truly unravels the mystery of the vast desert expanse. The word 'khoba' means indentation or cavity and that is how these rotis are prepared.
They are best cooked in a gas tandoor but an ordinary Tava (griddle) over gas will give you equally good results, if cooked over a slow flame. Serve this roti hot, smeared with ghee with Aloo Aur Kaddu ki Subzi and Mangodi ki Dal .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti for approx. 2 to 3 minutes on each side and remove onto a plate.
- Pinch the roti uniformly throughout (as shown in images 1 to 3).
- Again cook the roti on a tava (griddle) over a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides using a muslin cloth.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 3 more rotis.
- Serve immediately with ghee and a subzi of your choice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.