Jowar Veggie Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77957 times
The Jowar Veggie Wrap is a one-dish meal that is sure to satiate you, with both flavour and nutrition.
The rotis are made of jowar and whole wheat flour, tinged with the peppy flavour of carom seeds. The carom seeds also help improve digestion.
These rotis are tastefully packed with a stuffing of cauliflower and other veggies, spiced mildly with just half a teaspoon of chilli powder.
The green chutney should be mildly spiced or else it might provoke acidity.
You can have a go at other stomach-friendly snacks like Mini Jowar and Tomato Uttapa or Buckwheat Dhokla, Kutto na Dhokla .
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 175 mm (7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using ¼ tsp of oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cauliflower and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, potatoes, coriander, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving lightly re-heat a roti on a hot non-stick tava (griddle).
- Place a roti on a clean flat surface, spread 2 tsp of minty green chutney evenly over it. Put a portion of the stuffing evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly to make a wrap.
- Repeat steps 1 and 3 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.