Aloo Frankie ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Aloo Frankie ( Wraps and Rolls) in Hindi)
Added to 475 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 455832 times
Aloo Frankie recipe | how to make aloo Frankie | Mumbai street food Aloo Frankie | potato Frankie | with 30 amazing images.
Our very own roll, from the streets of Mumbai, theAloo Frankie is the perfect snack for everyone! Aloo Frankie is exciting, super tasty, filling and easy to make – name your need and it will fit the bill.
The chatpata, spicy taste of the Mumbai street food Aloo Frankie makes it an ideal street food, the best accompaniment to friendly banter. While the potato stuffing makes it filling, the onion masala mixture and masala water give it the tongue-tickling taste and classic crunch.
I would like to suggest to some tips to make the perfect Aloo Frankie recipe. 1. Mash the potatoes well with a potato masher or with your hands before you put them in a non stick pan. 2. It is advisable to use lightly cooked rotis with golden brown spots. Overcooked rotis will taste awful. 3. Wrap a tissue paper or aluminium foil around the frankie to seal it and to be able to hold it.
We show you the 4 detailed steps of the main parts of making the aloo Frankie. 1. Making the masala water 2. Making the onion masala mixture 3. Chillies in vinegar mixture for Potato Frankie. 4. Stuffing for Aloo Frankie.
This filling snack of Aloo Frankie can be easily made at home, and you can even pack it in the kids dabba for school or office. You can also alter the spice levels to suit kids or elders, as required.
Enjoy it hot or cold, at home or on-the-go, in any case you are sure to love the Aloo Frankie!
Try our other recipes for wraps and lose yourself in the joy of biting into a sumptuous Indian and International flavours.
Enjoy our Aloo Frankie recipe | how to make aloo Frankie | Mumbai street food Aloo Frankie | potato Frankie | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, chili powder, garam masala, chaat masala, coriander and salt, mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and spread ¼th of the potato stuffing in a single row in the centre of the roti.
- Drizzle ¼th of the masala water and 1 tsp of chillies in the vinegar evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ¼th of the onion masala mixture on it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more aloo frankies.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each aloo frankie and serve immediately.
- For chillies in vinegar, mix 1 tbsp of vinegar and 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies in a bowl and mix well.
Aloo Frankie Video by Tarla Dalal
Aloo Frankie ( Wraps and Rolls) recipe with step by step photos
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.