Roti ( Roti for Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Roti ( Roti for Wraps and Rolls) in Hindi)
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 105670 times
Wraps and rolls are loads of fun! They make ideal on-the-go meals, and are loaded with surprises too.
You can stuff them with all your favourite things, and also cheer up your loved ones by packing their rolls with all the stuff they love.
Normally, store-bought rolls are made with a combination of maida and whole wheat flour, which is kind of unhealthy even if the stuffing is a healthy salad. So, go for this healthier option instead.
This recipe of Roti for Wraps and Rolls is made entirely with whole wheat flour, which gives it a nice rustic taste and healthy twist too.
It can be used to make any wrap or roll. So, you can experiment with different combos stuffed inside.
You can even make variants of this roti by adding spinach, carrot or beet puree for a colourful and nutritious boost to your wraps and rolls.
The size of the rotis is a little hard to master, but definitely worth the effort.
Enjoy how to make Roti recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
Wraps and rolls make a satiating one-dish meal .
- To make the roti, combine the flour, salt and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using remaining ½ tbsp of oil till it is smooth and elastic.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a thin circle of 225 mm. (9”) diameter using a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and press all over lightly using a muslin cloth till it puffs up.
- Apply ½ tsp oil on both the sides and cook for few more seconds.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 3 more rotis.
- Add ¼ cup of spinach purée at step 1 and proceed as per the recipe.
- Add 3 tbsp of soya flour at step 1 and proceed as per the recipe.
Roti ( Roti for Wraps and Rolls) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.