Roti ( Roti for Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 92355 times
You need to be a tad patient to be able to roll out the perfect roti, but it becomes quite easy with practice! roll out as thinly as possible and spread it evenly over the hot wok/kadhai to ensure that the roti is uniformly cooked.
- Combine the flour, salt and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using remaining ½ tbsp of oil till it is smooth and elastic.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a thin circle of 250 mm. (10”) diameter using a little flour.
- Heat a wok / wide iron kadhai upside down on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over the wok / kadhai ensuring that no creases form on the surface.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds till done.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 3 more rotis.
- Add ¼ cup of spinach purée at step 1 and proceed as per the recipe.
- Add 3 tbsp of soya flour at step 1 and proceed as per the recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.