by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4191 times
The Pumpkin Paratha is a rare treat, which is amazingly stomach-friendly. Not only is it made with alkaline flours, but it also includes a good dose of grated pumpkin, which is alkaline too.
This paratha combines the pleasant sweetness of pumpkin with a light hint of spices, making it addictively tasty! Serve these parathas immediately with fresh curds or mildly-spiced minty green chutney, to make a very healthy meal.
Also try other stomach-friendly paratha like Minty Green Peas and Cabbage Paratha or roti like Nutritious Cabbage and Methi Rotis .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little jowar flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.