Jowar Bajra Besan Thalipeeth
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74761 times
Here we present you with one of Maharashtra’s most popular and nutritious delicacies! Made of whole grains, the Jowar Bajra Besan Thalipeeeth is rich in protein, calcium and iron.
You can also use the same combination of flours to make chapattis that are healthy and wholesome. Cabbage adds not just crunch but also a dash of vitamin C to this recipe, while chopped onions, coriander, chilli paste and spice powders give it an invigorating flavour.
Once you get the hang of it, you will find that the thalipeeth is not very tough to prepare. In fact, we have made the job easier by rolling the thalipeeth instead of patting it directly onto the tava. You just need to remember that once the dough is kneaded, the thalipeeth has to be prepared and served immediately, Otherwise, you will not get the right texture.
Enjoy this traditional Maharashtrian fare with Low Fat Curds .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the thalipeeth, using ¼ tsp of oil till golden brown spots appear from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 5 more thalipeeths.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thalipeeth
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.