Rajma Cheese Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 220 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55702 times
A mouth-watering recipe loaded with protein, iron and zinc is the best way to give all that your eyes need.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 200 mm. (8") diameter circular chapati.
- Cook each chapati lightly on both sides on a hot tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Drain the rajma, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles till the rajma is overcooked.
- Drain any excess liquid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, ginger and garlic and sauté till the onions are light brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and cook till the oil separates.
- Add the cooked rajma and mix well.
- Add the curds and continue cooking till the mixture is dry.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside to cool slightly. Divide into 4 equal portions.
- Place one chapati on a dry surface and spread one portion of the rajma filling in the centre of the chapati.
- Sprinkle some spring onions and ¾ tablespoon of cheese.
- Bring in all sides of the chapati towards the centre to enclose the filling and make a square paratha.
- Seal the edges with a little water.
- Repeat to make 3 more parathas.
- Cook on both sides, using a little oil till the parathas are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Rajma Cheese Parathas Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.