green moong dal paratha recipe | moong dal paratha | split moong dal paratha |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 327 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 308154 times
green moong dal paratha | moong dal paratha | split moong dal paratha | with amazing 23 images.
green moong dal paratha is a protein rich paratha from the Rajasthani cuisine. It is super flavorful and satiating. All the ingredients used in moong dal paratha preparation are basic and can be easily found in every Indian household pantry. If you have soaked green moong dal handy this moong dal paratha can be made in a jiffty.
Healthful moong dal takes the form of a tasteful moong dal paratha here! Cooked moong dal, along with potato for binding, onions for crunch and a range of spices for added flavour, makes a great green moong dal paratha that is soft and crunchy in texture.
You will enjoy the unique combination of spices in this protein and iron rich green moong dal paratha , especially the thoughtful addition of crushed coriander seeds and amchur.
To make green moong dal paratha all we have done is combined green moong dal, whole wheat flour, mashed potatoes, onions, coarsely crushed coriander seeds, coriander leaves, garam masala, powdered sugar, chilli powder, dried mango powder into a soft dough. Rolled into circles and cooked on tava until golden brown.
I use moong dal paratha as a tiffin treat, it is also a great way to add protein and iron rich food to my children’s diet. Also, green moong dal aids weight loss. What makes this paratha quick and easy is that all the ingredients are combined together and rolled.
If you enjoyed this sumptuous split moong dal paratha then check our Punjabi paratha recipe collection to learn other authentic paratha recipes like Aloo Paratha, Mooli Paratha, Gobi Paratha.
Learn to make green moong dal paratha | moong dal paratha | split moong dal paratha | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make moong dal paratha, heat water in a deep non-stick pan, add the green moong dal to it and boil it for 5-6 minutes. Drain and keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using ½ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Allow the moong dal parathas to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil and pack in a tiffin box.
Moong Dal Paratha Video
Moong Dal Paratha recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.