by Tarla Dalal
Added to 142 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34055 times
A Maharashtrian friend of mine shared the basic recipe of these bhakris with me. While I was making them at home one day, I tried adding some grated carrots, mint and coriander to add colour to these bhakris. Not only did it add colour to the rotis but the freshness of the mint and coriander complemented the rice flour really well. These bhakris are packed with carbohydrates, protein and iron. You will relish these with even the most simplest of vegetables or a dal.
- Combine the flour and oil and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide into 6 equal parts and keep aside.
- In a pan, put 1 cup of water to boil with the oil and salt.
- When it comes to a boil, add the rice flour and mix well using a spoon so that no lumps remain. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the fire and allow it to cool a little. Knead this dough while it is still warm till it is smooth (for approximately 10 to 12 minutes).
- Add the carrot, chilli, coriander and mint and mix well.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 125mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Place a portion of the filling mixture and fold the edges of the dough over the filling.
- Pinch the edges together to seal the filling in.
- Flatten the dough and roll again into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle.
- Cook on both sides a tava (griddle) over a medium flame till golden brown in colour, using a little oil.
- Repeat for the remaining dough and filling to make 5 more bhakris.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhakri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.