Paneer, Palak and Methi Stuffed Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 161 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26633 times
Your nutrient requirement increases during the third trimester, but your appetite may not. So you need to have energy rich foods that are a good combination of 2 to 3 food groups to supplement your needs. This roti has leafy vegetable and a dairy product which will provide you with calcium, iron and protein in one dish. Have these with a glass of buttermilk or fruit juice to keep you going.
- Combine all the ingredients into a deep bowl and knead into a soft using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Put 1 portion of the stuffing on one half of the roti and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the stuffed rotis, using ½ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining rotis and stuffing to make 5 more stuffed rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.