Mixed Vegetable Handvo, Non Fried Snacks
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 159277 times
Mixed Vegetable Handvo is a delicious snack made with readymade idli batter reinforced with loads of tasty, juicy, crunchy veggies!
A tempering of mustard and sesame seeds adds to the flavour and aroma of this tasty treat. We have cooked the handvo in a tava and cut it into handy-sized pieces for easy serving.
This yummy snack is neither too complex nor does it require deep-frying, yet it is irresistibly tasty and sure to be loved by all!
It is easy to make, and can be made without any advance planning as it requires no soaking or fermentation. Serve it with green chutney for a satiating tea-time snack!
You can also add more fun to your tea-time with other non-fried snacks like Batata Vada and Patra .
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the handvo batter into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan, add ½ tsp of mustard seeds, ½ tsp of sesame seeds and a pinch of asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour a portion of the prepared handvo batter and spread it evenly, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Turnover and again cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour from the other side as well.
- Remove on a chopping board, cut the handvo into 4 equal pieces.
- Repast steps 2 to 5 to make 2 more handvos.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Mixed Vegetable Handvo Recipe, Instant Handvo Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.